Great First Date Ideas
Does the idea of dating still make you nervous? Perhaps you are a bit out of practice? That's a natural feeling for anybody!l
To help get you started, here are some great dates that are perfect for older adults:
1) Bookstore - This might be a great place to start if you are new to senior dating. You can get to know your date much better by learning about what topics interest them. Follow it up with some coffee, dessert and great conversation.
2) Dance Lesson - Improve your dance skills while checking to see if there is any chemistry at the same time. Even if you have two left feet you are bound to have a good time. Many ballrooms sponsor group lessons before the real dancing begins to help people who are rusty get back in the swing of things or learn a few new steps.
3) Park - A picnic in a beautiful spot couldn’t be more romantic. Pack a basket with some great wine and lunch. Afterwards, take a stroll around the park. It’s a budget friendly date that you will enjoy greatly.
4) Get Moving - Maybe you both enjoy golf, tennis, or biking. Sharing a physical activity on a first date can help create a bond that may bring you closer together while you stay in shape.
5) Art Gallery - Attend a gallery walk or tour a museum. Everyone has an opinion about art, so the conversation is sure to be lively. Or find a museum both of you will enjoy.
6) Boat - Rent a canoe or kayak at a local lake or lagoon. Being on the water will set a relaxed environment and help avoid those first date butterflies.
7) Yard Sale - Haggle prices together for a good laugh or just browse the merchandise. you can even take this time to take a relaxing walk around the neighborhood.
8) Wine Tasting - Attenging a wine tasting together or visiting a local vineyard is a great way to get to know each other while learning something new and sampling one of life's simple pleasures.